Sunday, April 10, 2016

Spiritual Sunday

Hey y'all (imaginary internet audience anxiously awaiting my next post that I pretend exists). I'm taking a break from AI Awareness to celebrate one of my all time favorite authors. Khalil Gibran died 85 years ago today, at just 48 years old. In his relatively short life, he wrote some of the most beautiful poetry I have ever read.


His words have taken on new meaning to me since being diagnosed with Addison's Disease. 


I can't imagine how a man could reach these depths of understanding without experience suffering himself. 


He was also wildly romantic. 


Sigh. 




His writings are so simple yet so heart wrenching in their sincerity. As my high school English teacher would say, there is "no superfluos bull". 



Love, 

an Addison alien

who is trying to cut the superfluous bull by keeping this post short and sweet





No comments:

Post a Comment