Thursday, December 10, 2015

Screw You, Antarctica

It should say "You know you have Addison's when..."
Warning: I will whine a little in this post. If you think I whined in my previous posts (there's that love of alliteration again...and again...ok, I'll stop), well, then you'll probably think I'm about to whine a lot. So feel free to stop reading now.

Today was the first day I took less than 10mg of Prednisone in the morning. I slept really weirdly, I think in part because I am taking so much Prednisone, and then taking less medicine today...I am wiped out and it's only 5pm. It makes no sense, I know. I'm a little dizzy and light-headed too so bear with me.

Even though, overall, I am on too high a dose of steroids, my body has gotten used to that high dose and you can't just cut it back suddenly without sending yourself into crisis. Trust me, I've done it (inadvertently, but still). Even with weaning the Prednisone down, I am feeling side effects. But I am looking forward to seeing what happens to my body when I am on a "normal" dose.

Luckily, I am able to crawl into bed and write/whine to y'all about it.

I say y'all, not because I am from the South, but because I find it charming and whimsical and it takes two less key strokes to type out. 

So there's your update on how the medication switchication is coming.

In other news, I now need one of those jelly laptop cushion things because typing.

Also, there are almost 1,000 Addison Aliens reading this blog, on every continent!

Ok, fine.

Not EVERY continent. Antarctica hasn't logged on yet. I'm really bummed because I've always really love penguins. Not anymore.

Antarctica, you're officially on my shit list.

I think I need a nap. 




No comments:

Post a Comment