Wednesday, January 13, 2016

15 Pills and Counting


In my quest for the best possible health, or to just be able to get out of bed everyday, I've been taking a few additional supplements and vitamins. I have a hard time taking multi-vitamins, they are hard on my stomach. So I take individual vitamins, as well as medications for my adrenals, thyroid, and heart.

I'm taking 10 mg of Prednisone split three times per day and hoping to switch to Hydro Cortisone soon. My doctor wants me to stabilize on 10 mg of Prednisone first. Since I slept about 18 hours yesterday, I doubt he would consider me stable just yet.

Over the holidays, I didn't take as many vitamins as I should, so I am hoping that this new regiment gets me feeling out of bed and feeling more energetic.

7am - 5 mg Prednisone, 50 mg Metoprolol, 100 mg Novotiral, 500 mg Vitamin C

10am - 2.5 mg Prednisone, 400 IU Vitamin E, 600 mg Calcium with Vitamin D, 50 mg DHEA

1pm - 2.5 mg Prednisone, 400 IU Vitamin E, 600 mg Calcium with Vitamin D, Super B Complex

Bedtime - 500 mg Magnesium, 1/2 pill Adepisique

I am weaning off of a combo sleep med, anti-depressant, and anti-anxiety. Taking the Magnesium seems to help. I am down from 2 pills to half a pill and will hopefully be off it completely in the next few weeks.

I'm still trying to figure out the best combo of meds and times so if you have any ideas, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Over the years I have tried so many different vitamins and supplements I have lost track. Now I just take a multi vitamin and DHEA along with my real meds. Hope you can get on the HC soon, it might make a difference!
    mo

    ReplyDelete